Donnerstag, April 20, 2006

Spring and the mowing mystery

What makes your day start better than waking up and notice the blue sky, the warm sun and that spring has finally arrived!

For the last 2 months the first thing I saw from my bedroom window every morning was usually a crowded street and some small front gardens with the last muddy remains of snow and some naked ugly trees. But not today!
This is what I saw this morning and which finally ended my yearning for spring:



Ahhhh, what a sight! Can't wait to dig out my skates to skate some laps on the Moselle promenade.

And as usual in Germany - suddenly you can see people mowing everywhere!
As soon as the first sunbeams touch your lawn it's your honour and duty to unpack your lawnmower and spin some circles to kill the first sprouting blades of grass!
Ridiculous!