Mittwoch, Mai 10, 2006

Official excuse for not posting

After 2 stressful weeks I'm finally finding the time to post into my blog.
Sorry to those who visited this page so patiently and didn't find something new for so long.

School's taking up all my time at the moment. I'm still working on my prediploma thesis, which I wanted to finish by April :-( . And I've got a new, pretty time consuming job as well. I'm working for my University's Knowledge Media Institute (www.uni-koblenz.de/iwm). Sounds geeky, eh? ;)

We're doing some really interesting projects at the moment, e.g. an e-learning course for the firefighter-school of my federal state, Rheinland-Pfalz. We're meeting up with a lot of firefighters and they tell us how to use water hoses, how flashovers and backdrafts work and when petrol starts to burn - quite funny.
My task is to create quiz games and animations to illustrate all this stuff. At least I can use some of my flash programming experience I got in Chandigarh.

Another project is a small conference my institute is hosting every year - the "Koblenz eLearning-Days". I'm proud to be able to say they picked my poster and flyer design for this year's conference. If you want to see it, you can download the poster here. And yes, Ben is on that photo and he'll hate me for the rest of my life for it. :-)

And not enough! I had to organize Ben's birthday party last friday, including shopping, cooking, baking, cleaning and trying to stop Ben from looking for his gifts. At least the party was quite successful (still not a trainee party in Chandigarh, but good). The last guest left at around 4.30am.

So now you know my excuse for not posting often enough. :-)