Samstag, Mai 20, 2006

Final countdown: Grandprix d'Eurovision


YES!!
Tonight's the big night! It's the final round of the world famous Eurovision song contest, called "Grandprix d'Eurovision de la chanson". I'm still taking some preparations to make this evening special. Since Ben left me alone this week, I persuaded my sister Teresa to visit me for the weekend.

So now we'll have our own little 2-person Eurovision party with a bottle of French red wine, Dutch cheese and Turkish pita bread (just to make it more intercultural, you know)!

I'm glad I was able to watch the semifinal on thursday to get an idea of what to expect. And I must say... yikes! This contest is going to be one of the most bizarre EVER! Sorry Marty, but I'm afraid your Irish milksop will be devoured by the Finnish participants called "Lordi" (see picture below).


Apparently Germany's participants are some kind of insider tip, so we might actually have good chances to reach one of the good positons. Keep your fingers crossed for "Texas lightning"!